Have you heard?
Apple’s releasing a new iOS and it’s the death knell for email marketing.
Apparently, it’ll allow Apple users the chance to opt-out of metrics, such as open rates and click rates.
(I also heard a rumour it’s also going to relabel all your spices, so you’ll never be able to find nutmeg again)
There’s a lot of scaremongering going on right now, with business owners abandoning the good ship HMS Mailchimp, looking for other platforms to jump to.
(“Can anyone remember what email I used to login to MySpace?”)
And for what?
Because you won’t be able to see how many people opened your email?
Or because you’re subject line split test won’t be as accurate as before?
Pish posh, balderdash, and hookum.
Wanna know why I’m not worried?
Because I know that, while open rates and click-through rates do provide useful data, it’s not the most important metric.
How much money you make.
You see, no matter what iOS 15 throws at us, there’s nothing Apple can do to stop me from tracking how many sales each email makes.
They can’t do anything to stop me from opening my inbox in the morning and seeing this:
You what? I’m GLAD this is happening.
If iOS 15 forces people to stop distracting themselves with vanity metrics and focus on the stuff that really matters – writing emails that SELL…
It can’t happen soon enough for me.
Bring. It. On.
How about you?
How do you feel about sitting down and confidently cranking out an email that sells… without needing to look at your metrics?
Good? Bad? Terrified?
If it’s the latter, now’s the time to start upping your email game.
There are lots of great courses, articles, and podcasts out there to help you do this.
Being the shameless, profit-centred marketer I am, I also have something that might help – my email writing course “Sent.”
It’s not a complete guide to email marketing, nor is it a behemoth of a copywriting course.
it’s a simple system business owners can use to learn how to write emails that actually sound like they wrote them.
There are no templates.
(Actually, that’s a lie – there is ONE. You can see what it is on the sales page)
If you’re looking for a lazy-ass “can you give me a load of fill-in-the-blank templates I can ‘blast’ (ergh!)) to my list?”…
“Sent.” is not for you.
But if you want to know how to write the kind of emails that your subscribers love to read (regardless of whether your stats let you know or not)…
It could be exactly what you’re after.
The doors close for the next class in less than a week.
The next time I offer “Sent.”, two things will be different:
1. It’ll be more expensive
2. There won’t be as much hands-on help and feedback.
Bottom line – if you want to learn a simple system for writing emails that help you stand out from the competition – with my feedback every step of the way – here’s the link you need:
Don’t forget to save yourself a tenner by using the code [SORRY – SUBSCRIBERS ONLY] at checkout.
If you have any questions, hit reply and ask.
P.S. It’s been a while since I fired some bullets at you, so here’s a whole bunch of stuff you’ll discover in “Sent.”:
– Why the words you use don’t matter half as much as you think they do (turns out there are two more important things that matter waaaaaaay more)
– The ONLY lesson you can learn from the big shot gurus (apart from “where is a good place to rent a Lambo?”)
– The simplest “customer avatar” exercise you’ll ever see (this one will take you about 10 seconds – no research required!)
– The best copywriting tip I ever learned that acts like a “writer’s GPS” (think I learned this with one of the big names in marketing? Nope! I picked it up from school!)
– Why you should NEVER ask someone to “Buy my Hungarian for beginners course now!” (If you sell Bulgarian language courses, this tip could be worth the price alone!)
– Why you’ll never have to struggle with the blank page ever again (best start practicing your evil laugh now, so you can mock the flashing cursor of doom on day 8!)
– The two words behind every successful “call to action” (I’ll give you a clue.. one of them isn’t “pllllleeeeease!”)
– Why you SHOULDN’T be emailing your list every single day… and what you need to be focusing on instead (you’ll learn this on day 3)
– How to write emails faster than ever… WITHOUT writing any faster (confused? You won’t be)
– Why you need to ENCOURAGE unsubscribes… and the easiest way to do it. (I give you a simple exercise that, once done, makes this process automatic!)
– Why I don’t have an email “list”… and neither should you (Don’t worry, I’m not asking you to switch back to Bebo – you’ll see why)
– The single, most important question you need to answer before you sit down and write ANY email. Getting clear on this question will transform your email writing life. You’ll not only write better emails faster than ever… but they’ll be easier to write too!
– The truth about “consistency”. Most business owners think they’re being consistent, but they’re not. I’ll reveal what’s REALLY going on, PLUS give you a simple way to tick the “consistency” box.
– Three simple words that not only make your emails more compelling but virtually hook the reader in, right from the first line. Sick of subscribers bouncing out of your emails before they get to the good stuff? These three words will help you.
– A simple answer to the “what the hell do I talk about?” problem. (Good news – you don’t need to buy a truckload of content planners and journals… you just need to go to your local newsagent)
– The comedian’s guide to creating all the content and stories you’ll ever need. When it comes to panning for gold, comedians are the BEST… and I’m sharing their “backstage” writing secrets with you.
… and MUCH more!