When it comes to receiving compliments, this is how I usually process them.
- 1 – Someone compliments me.
- 2 – I feel weird and uncomfortable. Instead of sincerely thanking them for their generosity, I usually make a sarcastic comment, hoping it will calm my unease.
- 3 – It’s only AFTER I say the comment that my brain reminds me that this never works, so now both of us are left feeling awkward.
- 4 – The other person leaves, quickly.
- 5 – The initial compliment is passed to my brain for processing.
- 6 – Instead of processing it straight away, the brain takes what may be a perfectly valid compliment and starts working it over, like a toddler breaks in a new tub of Play-Doh.
- 7 – The brain continues to knead, punch and bash the compliment until it’s not only unrecognisable, but now taken a completely different form – an insult.
- 8 – Happy with its work. the brain, looks at the insult, edits it for maximum devastation, adds a pinch of emotion and, only then, allows it entrance to the long term memory banks, from which it can be easily recalled in the future to remind me that I’m a useless piece of shit.
Despite all this, if I ever say, “please let me know what you think…”, I really mean it.
It’s not flashy or colourful. You certainly wouldn’t hire me as a graphic designer from looking at the slides.
(There may even be of a photo of me in my underwear, I can’t remember)
Anyway, I did it and now the “Mr Fluffy Pants Webinar” is a thing.
(Don’t judge me too harshly on the name, as two of the words in the title aren’t entirely irrelevant to the content)
It’s a short lesson on how to get your business online as fast as possible.
If you haven’t been thinking about this, you should.
We need to adapt to what’s going on.
We need to take back some control.
We can’t sit around, waiting to see what happens, because no one seems to know.
The “Mr Fluffy Pants Webinar” is my way of helping.
(I did tell you it was free, right?)
If the present situation has got you thinking, “Holy shit! I need to get my business online, but HOW DO I DO THAT?”
… I think you’ll find it useful.
If you’re sat there thinking, “Holy shit! When DID Fiona Bruce start presenting Antiques Roadshow? Was it 2007 or 2008?”*…
The video teaches you a very simple step by step approach to getting your ass online – as quickly and easily as possible.
Also, it’s on YouTube, so you can skip the boring bits, play it faster, make me sound like a chipmunk, and pause it when the urge to kill gets a little too much.
Yes, there is an upsell at the end, but the video gives you a complete overview of what you have to do without having to pay me any money.
If you watch it, I’d love to know what you think – genuinely.
*2008. I know, it would’ve bugged the shit out of me too.