I’ve just finished off my first 5-day group joke writing challenge thing.
It’s been a lot of fun, and one heck of a learning curve.
(I gave them too much to do – but hey, it’s better to give too much, than too little, right?)
It’s convinced me there are people, besides me and Jim Davidson, who appreciate the power of comedy.Especially comedy in business.
“Customer’s attention is never more focused, and their resistance never lower, when they are laughing..”
Running this group has taught me that most people don’t want to learn HOW to be funny, they want to BE funny.
The answer to the question, “I’m doing a speech next week, can you help make it funny?” isn’t:
“Sure. Here’s a book.“
It’s “Sure! Show me what you’ve got and let’s get to work.“
The problem isn’t INFORMATION, it’s SPEED of implementation.
I don’t want to write a business joke book, with jokes that anyone can use. That doesn’t serve you.
Similarly, I don’t want to have to do it all for you – your customers deserve to know about YOU, not me.
So, what’s the solution?
Give me something and we’ll work on it together to make it funny.
So that’s what I’ve come up with – a monthly “Make Me Funny” subscription.Here’s what ‘s included:
- every ebook and video pack that I create.
- 2 or 3 x a week Zoom hangout, so you can pop in and brainstorm something you’re working on.
- Live training, exclusive to members
- Messenger access for those, “shit, I’ve got a presentation tomorrow and need a funny opening. HELP ME!!!” moments.
If you’re creating something and looking for ways to inject some humour, it could be perfect for you.
After I did the challenge, I offered it to them at the founder member price of £29.
Cancel anytime you like. No minimum commitment.
I realise though that there’s a bunch of folks who’ve been with me from the start…
So I thought I’d extend the same special offer to you too.
It’s open now at the bargain price of £29 per month. This is the founder member level, available until 23:59 on Sunday 18th August. After that, it will vanish until I open it again (after another challenge type thing probably).
I’ll tell you now, so you’ve got plenty of warning, next time I open it, it will be at least £39…
No pressure though.
The * INSERT GAG HERE * group and this email will always be free, so nothing will change. I’ll still be as helpful as I can and share ideas I think will be useful, so there’s no “BUY NOW OR YOU’LL NEVER HEAR FROM ME AGAIN!” option.
(though my wife wishes there was!).
So that’s it. Sorry for the radio silence this past week but, honestly? I was shitting myself, big style, over this challenge.
I wanted to make it “OK” and not totally terrible.
If you’re reading this thinking, “this sounds PERFECT!“, you can click here to sign up:
If you have any questions, just ask. I’m happy to help.
THE NOT-SO SMALL PRINT:
- £29 per month (you’ll be charged 10 days after entering your details)
- No minimum contract – cancel any time you like.
- £29 per month is the “founding member” offer and, as long as you remain a member in good standing, this is what you will ALWAYS pay, regardless of any future price increases. It’s my way of saying “thanks“!
- Founding offer only available until 23:59 (UK time), Sunday 18th August. After that, I will make the button vanish, using my magic powers.
* “Member in good standing” – fancy way of saying “as long as you keep your membership active”. If you join at £29 and then cancel, you’ll have to rejoin at the same price as everyone else.
Here’s the link again, just in case you can’t be bothered scrolling: